Followers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 16

I read something just before my diet that made me believe Math would be on my side, if I just lowered my calorie intake. It worked for this first stretch HOWEVER
Focus! I want to keep the results positive...so I am focusing on WHAT is it I eat, as well.

















OF COURSE one of the reasons I am a big woman is because I eat a lot. Oh there is no foolin' on that. But it is also WHAT I eat. I really don't need to eat a lot of cheese or butter to become a big butterball woman. I remember back 11 yrs ago when I was on the downscale of my fatdom below 200 barely. I moved in with a family and we all pitched in for groceries. My friend's sister is an amazing shopper.And of course Costco is an amazing store! Oh and there was cheese...I already started gaining from a size 32 jean to a size 36 and it never stopped.  I stopped wearing Levi's and I love them so. With a cool chicky shirt to accent the cleavage..They are the best all around fashion. Need not worry about the shoes..lol I think working and stretchy waistband black pants and drive thru DQ put 100 lbs on me before I knew it.  I loved the Classic Mushroom and Swiss burgers and a coffee heathbar blizzard. But fuck the Dairy Queen she is an enabling bitch.

Even with the food in the fridge, I could see that at least we bought lunchmeat that is not way out there in calories. 25 and 30 calorie slices makes for a big fat sandwich(the slices are 6x3 inches in size they are huge). But I noticed as well, the salt. No just one a day is like 1500mg of sodium...(after I ate them) I made half fat sandwiches no cheese and a tsp of Mayo. The smoked flavor stuck with me a while so I was not hungry. I won't be packing it in this way all the time of course because the salt will bloat and kill me.
The American Heart Association recommends that for every 1,000 Calories of food consumed, the sodium intake should be 1,000 mg and should not exceed the 3,000 mg limit.
The National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences recommends an approximate daily range of 1,100 to 3,300 mg of sodium for adults.
 And the FDA set daily allowances above, but I am not a rocket scientist and know that the ones I highlighted are the ones I have to watch out for dieting. Since my daughter wants to diet, too, I am going to suggest a healthier choice in our shopping and include a case of H2O with electrolytes in it that tastes good.

This stuff is miraculous and as long as you use it to cook and divide in 4 servings, it is only 170mg of salt, but they have a no salt variety I will be buying next time. It is great to add to chicken and seafood to give it a zest. I used it tonight on my Tilapia because I really don't like a too fishy fish.

.

2 comments:

  1. There's sodium everywhere! Sure is difficult to find lower sodium foods. Takes a lot of label studying. This sure is a lot of work, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah and then more...I want to get it down, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a looksie!
I appreciate your comments.