Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 36


I was hungry all day it seemed. I couldn't wait for lunch and was clocking dinner time. I went for a ride on the scooter and when I came home. I had forgotten my hunger. I added the Shirataki noodles to the meat I had made with cabbage and seasoning. I was impressed that they were a lot like the Cellophane or Clear Bean Mung noodles I like so much. My mother makes a native Philippine dish called Sotanghon (soh tan hoon) that uses clear mung noodles. I wondered if the mung aka cellophane noodles were low carb. On the contrary they are like 491 calories and 121 carbs OMG!
I calculated tomorrows Shirataki Sotanghon I am going to make.


The bacon is for grease to cook the chicken chopped in chunks and the rest is all just sautee with it and add broth then noodles. Pretty low cal and low carb. You have to use half the green onions in the sautee and the other half is topped raw on the dish. If it is too bland, I will add bacon. I could eat the whole thing, but my daughter is dieting with me.

There is currently a smell of chocolate chip cookies and popcorn in the house. Movie time for kids and Dad and they are porkin. He is bonding because he will be gone again in the field for a long while. They let him come home and prepare for a 12  hr trip and stay on the Canadian border setting up oil rigs.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you liked the shiritaki noodles. Maybe I'll have to try them again someday :) Keep up the good work, lady :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a looksie!
I appreciate your comments.