Followers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 80


I bought me some red rice yeast and some fish oil. I also have this thing for mushrooms and so I bought a pack in the morning so I could do my low carbing meals. The sliced carne asada meat has perfect 3 to 4 ounce slices of bottom steak and they are lean.

The best 4th of July was in 2009 when I lived  on the Washington State Long Beach Peninsula. It was never ending from dusk to midnight and lots of smoke. The near professional fireworks are legal there. They shoot up just like a city show but a tad smaller. YouTube is filled with party videos from there. The beach is packed. It is 20 plus miles of beach where you are allowed to drive your car and park as well (they don't allow dirt bikes and rec stuff like that, though). It looks like that picture below, all the way up. There are bonfires at night and it is a 20 mile long beach party. The day after, hundreds of people walk the beach to pick up the mess. It is all part of the celebration.


My day went well. I did get to walk and go buy some fireworks with Chuggy Jack and all the g babies. Drank a Sobe Lean Cranberry Grapefruit with low carbs. I kept my salt intake down. I need to really chug some water, though. Will spend the rest of the night (oh it is late). Well the next couple of hours getting my quota in.

I got over my rut. Maybe because my money came in. Yeah that usually does it. Lots of yummies entered the house. I left them alone.

Be strong fellow bloggies. The holidays are always a food fest it seems.

 
[my daily food diary link here]

7 comments:

  1. Here in Windsor, we have a fireworks display on the Detroit River every year. It was just his past Monday.
    About 1 million people show up on both sides of the border. I usually don't go as the crowds make me mental but the times I've been, it's been fantastic.

    I'm finding the uptake in water has really helped me alot, Ms. Scooter. Both for filling me up before a meal so I'm satisfied with less and also I'm peeing away the fat. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it! :D

    Be strong in your mind this weekend! It's just food. You'll feel fantastic come Tuesday if you avoid the minefields or at least if you pick up a grenade, throw it the hell away! lol

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gonna skip the fireworks haven't been into them in years, watching the moon is more my cuppa! lol havr a glorious holiday hon! xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up on the water intake, get some sunshine and you'll notice your body asking for more hydration. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) As a Washingtonian I am looking forward to some of those semi-pro fireworks myself!

    Thanks for your visit to my blog, and thanks for saying I "caught it young", I'm 42 right now, and will be 43 later this year, not sure how young that is really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your holiday weekend and sounds like you're doing good. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Fit I passed through Windor in 1977 riding with a band and going through customs. My bff at the time from college and I hitchhiked from Buffalo Ny to Montreal (her older sister was at McGill) At 19 did the great adventure during Spring Break. We were hitching home to Madison, Wisconsin. The band guys were all nervous and told us they had pot. We were scared and mad. We almost considered just walking over. I think one of them ate it. Duh. We took a bus from Detroit to Ann Arbor through the advice of a cop who pulled over when we were hitching in Detroit. Got a Trucker who was going all the way to Mad City. It was a once in a lifetime adventure and we lived to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TB, when I was 42, I got off the party band wagon. I got a regular job, and I gained 90 lbs from just eating fast food and working. I had been up and down ever since. I was seriously restricted physically and by the time I reached my 50's let me tell you I thought there was no return. I could feel it killing me.
    I want to see if I can get this old engine going a bit better and run with my grandbabies a bit more and not be tired.
    I wish I had the mind set at your age and younger to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a looksie!
I appreciate your comments.